The new Volkswagen Arteon is an all new car that should hit the road as a 2019 model when it arrives here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen. This modern vehicle looks to move the sedan range of Volkswagen into the upscale with high-tech features and bold looks. This model will replace the CC in the automaker’s portfolio starting in 2019.
VW Arteon Coming to Elmhurst
The Arteon is the successor to the CC and the Phaeton full-size luxury car. This new sedan will offer sleek, fastback style good looks, and enough space inside for passengers and ample cargo. In fact, the Arteon is expected to offer 20 cubic feet of luggage space with the rear seats in place or up to 55 cubic feet with the seats folded down. That makes it not only stylish, but practical.
The Arteon will also come with many features that place it firmly in the luxury segment. Features like a digital cockpit, gesture control system, heads-up display, and LED lighting with adaptive cornering feature, all stand out as features you’re likely to find in the new Arteon. You simply won’t find them on most mainstream mass-market models.
Under the hood, you’ll likely find a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine. In other markets, this engine will be sold at 188 hp and 276 hp power output levels, but VW has yet to announce any details about the powertrain in the US bound Arteon. Expect front-wheel drive and 4MOTION all-wheel drive to both be offered, along with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
No exact release date or pricing is available yet, but keep in touch with Larry Roesch Volkswagen here in Bensenville to make sure you’re first in line when this stylish sedan shows up in our showroom.
Visit Larry Roesch For The Latest Atreon News
Stop by and drive the latest Volkswagen models, including the CC and the Passat here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen now. We’re located at 313 W. Grand Ave., in Bensenville, IL. Larry Roesch Volkswagen of Elmhurst is your local Schaumburg area VW dealership, so visit us today or contact us online now to schedule a test drive.
The 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan has recently been named one of the most reliable vehicles in the latest J.D. Power U.S. Vehicle Dependability study. This annual survey measures problems in vehicles that have been owned for three years. J.D. Power measures actual, real-world issues, in cars owned and driven by real people, so it is widely respected as one of the most reliable studies.
VW Tiguan Reliability
Drivers of the Tiguan enjoy low costs of maintenance, and extremely good reliability. J.D. Power named it as one of the most dependable small SUVs on the road today.
“How do you pronounce the name of Volkswagen’s smallest SUV, the Tiguan?” wrote Christian Wardlaw for J.D. Power. “Like this: Teeg-wan. There, now you can confidently ask for this fun-to-drive, turbocharged crossover SUV by name. In 2014, the Tiguan gained a sporty R-Line version, most existing trim levels added standard equipment, and VW improved infotainment systems with Car-Net services and an optional Fender premium sound system.”
The J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study awarded the Tiguan with 5 out of 5 stars in the Dependability Power Circle Rating and it earned a dependability award in the Small SUV segment.
The 2014 VW Tiguan receives a Vehicle Dependability Power Circle Rating of 5 out of 5 and earns a dependability award in the Small SUV segment. This means that it has had fewer problems during three years of ownership and driving than other vehicles on the road in this segment.
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen
Come check out the latest Volkswagen Tiguan for yourself here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen. We have the current Tiguan and we often have used versions of this reliable small SUV in our inventory. We’re located at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville, IL. Larry Roesch Volkswagen is our local Schaumburg area VW dealership, so visit us today or contact us online now to schedule a test-drive.
If your check engine light is on, you need to make sure to stop by Larry Roesch Volkswagen ASAP, so we can diagnose the issue and find the right fix. A check engine light is not something to ignore or put off until later. It can mean serious problems with your engine, which if not addressed can lead to even more serious problems!
Check Engine Light
So what can cause your engine light to come on? There are really only a few things that will cause this error code to show up, and they’re usually fairly easy fixes. The top offenders are:
- Oxygen Sensors: The oxygen sensor is what measures how much oxygen comes out of your exhaust system so it can adjust how much fuel is needed. Exhaust can clog it up and cause it to fail. If it’s not working it can reduce your fuel economy and performance, and damage spark plugs or your catalytic converter.
- Loose Gas Cap: Sometimes it’s a simple answer. If your engine light comes on, check to make sure your gas cap is on snugly and undamaged.
- Catalytic Converter: The catalytic converter helps reduce your emissions in exhaust and can reduce fuel economy and performance if it’s ignored. Usually a bad oxygen sensor, spark plugs, or other component causes a bad catalytic converter.
- Mass Airflow Sensor: This system measures the amount of air that goes into the engine. If it isn’t working it should be replaced, or else it will damage your other parts—especially the components listed here—and can again cause poor performance.
- Spark Plugs: If you need new spark plugs, you might experience poor performance or your engine might not function at all. Luckily this is an easy fix.
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen
If you’re experiencing a check engine light or another error code, you should stop by Larry Roesch Volkswagen so we can accurately diagnose and address the issue. Visit our dealership at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville, or schedule a service appointment online now.
We know that protecting your family is your number one priority. Larry Roesch Volkswagen is committed to protecting all drivers on the road around Elmhurst and Bensenville. That’s why we’re happy to help you find the right child seat for your vehicle. Wondering how to pick the seat that will fit your car and be appropriate for your child? We’re here to help.
Pick the Right Child Seat
Unfortunately, choosing the right child seat can be something of a chore. Follow these simple guidelines:
- Read the manual. The first thing to do when shopping for a car seat is to consult the manual. It will tell you where you can install a child seat, and how a child seat can be installed using the LATCH system, if present. There’s no better place to start your search.
- Pick the right seat for your child’s age, weight, and size. You need to select a seat that’s going to fit your car and your child. Make sure you match up the seat’s specifications with the weight, age, and size of your child to provide appropriate protection.
- Find a seat that will fit. Make sure that seat is going to fit into your car. If you don’t have large seats, then you might want to actually take some measurements to make sure it’s not going to constrict seat movement.
- Make sure it’s easy to install. If it doesn’t come with clear instructions that you can understand, then don’t use it. You need to understand how the seat will work in order to make sure it protects your child.
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen Today
Here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen, we’re happy to help you find the right child seat for your Volkswagen vehicle. We also can fill you in on the latest high-tech safety features available in new Volkswagen vehicles, which can prevent collisions before they happen.
Visit us today at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville to find the right child seat or the right new or used Volkswagen model for your family. We’re also here to help you to keep your car maintained to ensure the safety of your entire family. Just schedule a service appointment online today.
The 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is available now here at Larry Roesch VW. While we think that this fun wagon is perfect for many drivers in Elmhust and Bensenville, it’s also a favorite of critics in the automotive press. Take a look at what the experts are saying before you decide.
Check out some of these highlights from recent reviews of the Golf SportWagen:
- Car and Driver: “Mix the goodness of the Golf with the utility of a wagon, and you get the Golf SportWagen—as well as a 10Best award. The standard engine is a 170-hp 1.8-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with front-wheel drive and a five-speed manual transmission; a six-speed automatic and all-wheel drive are optional. The ride is solid and controlled, interior quality is very good, and the front seats are highly supportive. A standard touchscreen infotainment system features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.”*
- Kelley Blue Book: “The 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen occupies a field of one. As the only compact station wagon in the sub-$25,000 price range, VW’s 2017 SportWagen is ideal for those needing more room than the average hatchback provides, but who have no need for a small SUV. Although the economical diesel engine is no longer offered, the standard 1.8-liter turbocharged gasoline unit provides excellent response and economy perfectly suited to the SportWagen’s taut suspension and available manual transmission. VW also equips the Golf SportWagen with a number of advanced safety features, such as the available Driver Assist Package containing autonomous braking, adaptive cruise control and forward-collision warning. Buyers can even opt for 4Motion all-wheel drive (AWD), but only on the base S trim.”*
- Edmunds: “Looking for something that can haul a bunch of things but don’t want a crossover SUV? You’ll probably like the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen. It offers familiar Golf goodness, such as a premium cabin and high fuel economy, but with a cavernous cargo space.”*
- Car Gurus: “The ultimate combination of fun, form, and functionality, the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen has proved so popular with buyers since its launch in 2015 that it now outsells the standard Golf hatchback (by just a smidgen). Taking over for the Jetta SportWagen, which was retired a few years ago, the Golf SportWagen started with everything buyers loved about the basic Golf and added more, stretching the body and adding additional cargo space while retaining the fun-to-drive factor.”*
The Sportwagen is a Great Choice for Schaumburg Drivers
Find the Sportwagen now at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville, IL. Larry Roesch Volkswagen is your local VW dealer, and we have the 2017 VW Golf SportWagen in stock. Stop by today or contact us online now.
Volkswagen offers advanced systems to help keep you safer on the roads around Bensenville and Elmhurst. Whether it’s systems that can help remind you that there’s a car in your blind spot, or systems that can automatically apply the brakes to help avoid a collision, the Volkswagen lineup offers some of the most advanced features on the road today. You can find out more at Larry Roesch Volkswagen right now.
Volkswagen Driver Assistance
Here are some of the highlights that are available in new Volkswagen models here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen:
- Front Assist with Pedestrian Monitoring: With a radar sensor that detects potential hazards, and even pedestrians, this system is able to warn the driver of an impending collision. If the driver fails to respond adequately, the car can actually brake and completely avoid a collision or at least mitigate potential damage and injuries.
- Parking Steering Assistant/Park Assist: The available Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist) can help judge if a parking spot is big enough for your Volkswagen. When you’re driving at less than 12 mph, this feature automatically activates. When you find that perfect spot, the system can actually help you steer into the space—you operate the accelerator, brake, and shifter and it does the rest.
- Rear Traffic Alert: With sensors on both sides of your rear bumper, Rear Traffic Alert can help alert you to vehicles crossing in your path when in reverse. If the system detects a vehicle crossing your perpendicular path, it gives you both a visual and audible warning, and can even brake for you if needed.
- Lane Departure Warning: With a forward-facing camera in the rear-view mirror, this system scans the road markings, and can detect if you’re drifting into another lane unintentionally. It will warn you and then counter steer to help you stay in the right place.
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen
Larry Roesch Volkswagen is a premier source for both new and used vehicles near Elmhurst and Bensenville, and we are located at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville. Come visit us today to see why our customers leave very satisfied and experience the Driver Assistance Systems for yourself.
Are you a proud driver of a Volkswagen Tiguan in the Bensenville or Schaumburg area? You’ll be happy to know that the Tiguan can be upgraded with a wide variety of important accessories to make it more functional and uniquely styled to fit your needs. Here are a few of our favorite accessories for this small crossover utility vehicle that are available at Larry Roesch Volkswagen:
- Rooftop Carrier Options: You bought a sport utility vehicle to head out and do, well, sports. So get the right accessories for the job, and add a bike carrier, ski rack, or watersports accessories for the rooftop of your Tiguan.
- Rooftop Cargo Options: If you need a little bit more space than the inside of your Tiguan offers, why not add on a rooftop cargo box to add some secure storage outside?
- Sport Design Options: If you want to add some sporty looks to your Tiguan, consider adding a spoiler, exhaust kit, or exterior bodywork. All are available, so you can customize however you want.
- Wheels: Want a unique set of wheels to make your Tiguan stand out from the crowd? Or maybe you’re planning to wrap one set of wheels in high performance summer tires, and the other set in winter tires? Whatever your reasons, we can help you find the right set of wheels for the job.
- Interior Protection: Get some interior protection to keep your Tiguan looking fresh inside for years to come. Volkswagen offers features like a protective cargo area liner that’s easy to remove and wash, as well as all-season floor mats.
- Audio: Want a little more oomph out of your audio system? Grab the spare tire mount subwoofer to turn up the bass.
- Navigation: Need to add more maps to your Tiguan navigation system? We can provide those too.
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen
Get behind the wheel of the current VW Tiguan here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville, IL. We’re a local Elmhurst and Bensenville area VW dealership, and we’re always happy to help you find the right Tiguan to fit your needs.
There are few vehicles more beloved than the Volkswagen Bus, and now VW is teasing a future version of that vehicle with the VW ID Buzz Concept. While the original Volkswagen Microbus hasn’t been sold for forty years, there are still plenty of vintage examples on the roads today. The I.D. Buzz is a new take on the famous profile. Here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen, we know drivers in Elmhurst and Schaumburg would love to see this new VW bus concept make it to market. Find out more about the concept, which debuted at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit earlier this year.
Volkswagen Future Bus Buzz
The Volkswagen I.D. Buzz concept was a clear throwback to the original “Type 2” microbus. In fact, when it debuted, it was displayed alongside an original Type 2 in an identical lime and white two-tone paint job. While the two share a snub-nosed profile, the I.D. Buzz and the vintage microbus couldn’t be more different when it comes to technology.
The I.D. Buzz is built around electric power. That enables a totally different layout. Rather than building around an engine compartment and a gas tank, the I.D. Buzz is built around a battery pack that sits under the floor, and two electric motors that are set at each axle for all-wheel drive. Since there’s no need for an engine compartments, the overhangs are shorter, and the vehicle can better take advantage of its footprint. Seating for eight is possible, even in a relatively compact size.
Finally, designing around electric power makes it possible to emphasize aerodynamics. The flat nose of the I.D. Buzz is designed to cut through the wind easily to help make it even more efficient. The front end of the Buzz even hides a small trunk, just like the original Volkswagen Beetle, for one more throw-back touch.
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen Today
Larry Roesch Volkswagen is a leading, local Schaumburg area Volkswagen dealership, and we can help you find the current Volkswagen that fits your needs today. You can see why our customers leave very satisfied when you stop by at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville.
Your car is a complicated piece of machinery, and every component is specifically designed to work in harmony with the whole to deliver performance, efficiency, reliability and safety. That’s why we recommend you listen to the experts—the engineers that designed your vehicle—when it’s time to replace worn out components. If you need new tires, you should always pick the right tires for your Volkswagen. Here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen in Bensenville, we have the VW tires in stock that your car needs. These Volkswagen approved tires will make sure that your vehicle performs like new.
Volkswagen Tires Designed for Your Car
Why would you pick a tire that’s not meant for your car? That’s a good question, and one that we haven’t found a good answer for yet. We think that tires that Volkswagen approves are the best way to go. When you pick a tire that’s authorized for use on your make and model, you get a bunch of benefits:
- Warranty: You get the warranty that comes with your new tires, and you preserve any existing warranty on your vehicle. We also offer a 24-month road hazard coverage plan with 100 percent coverage for the first year and 50 percent coverage for the second year.
- Performance: Your vehicle is engineered to work with a specific size and kind of tire. Picking the right tire will preserve the performance of your vehicle.
- Efficiency: Tires are an important part of the equation when it comes to fuel economy. Your vehicle is carefully tuned to deliver the best efficiency possible, so why screw it up?
Do you need more reasons to turn to Larry Roesch for your tires? How about the fact that our Volkswagen certified technicians provide the expert installation that your vehicle requires. We will make sure to balance and inflate your tires appropriately after installation, so that you can get mile after mile of reliable driving out of them. Plus, we offer a 24-month road hazard protection coverage, and a tire price match guarantee, so there’s no reason not to visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen!
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen
Larry Roesch Volkswagen is the source for your tires in the Elmhurst and Bensenville area. Visit our dealership at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville, IL to get the tires you need for your VW or schedule a service appointment online now!
The 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan can be equipped with 4MOTION Active Control. That sounds neat, but what does it mean? If you’ve been asking yourself that question, read on — we’re happy to explain what 4MOTION Active Control is and how it works. We think you’ll appreciate the added all-condition and all-terrain capability this sophisticated system offers the Tiguan. If you’re shopping for an SUV here in the Schaumburg or Bensenville area, it’s worth checking out.
The 4MOTION System Combines Power and Fuel Economy
The all-wheel drive system in the Volkswagen Tiguan is not a full-time system. It activates power to the rear wheels when necessary in order to provide traction, but on smooth, clean roads where traction is not an issue, only two wheels activate in order to save fuel.
But what happens when you do need added traction? The 4MOTION Active Control system is happy to help. While the system will happily distribute power to either the front or rear axle in a fraction of a second when wheel slip is detected, you also have some options for added control. 4MOTION Active Control is able to tweak how your vehicle handles traction and stability in order to accommodate specific terrains.
4MOTION Active Control Settings
There’s a dial set next to the gear shift lever on the Tiguan with 4MOTION Active Control that lets you pick which preset to use. There’s settings for snow, pavement, and two different levels of off-road traction control. Here’s what they do:
- On Road: This setting is ideal for most driving, and it will optimize fuel economy and on-road performance.
- Snow: This setting is meant for slippery, snowy, icy roads. It dulls the throttle response so that it’s hard to break traction with excessive acceleration, and it takes other measures to help you stay under control.
- Off-Road: To ensure smooth handling and confident traction, this setting adjusts the throttle, transmission, and suspension settings.
- Off-Road Individual: This system lets you manually tweak settings for added off-road capability. It provides an unparalleled level of customization for advanced off-road drivers.
Visit Larry Roesch
You can get behind the wheel of the Tiguan today at 313 W. Grand Ave. in Bensenville, IL. Larry Roesch Volkswagen of Elmhurst is the premier Schaumburg area VW dealer, and you’re welcome to stop by or contact us online now to learn more about the latest Tiguan.