2018 Volkswagen Atlas Release Date
The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is an all-new three-row family crossover that’s slated to debut early next year. Here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen, we’re excited to offer this new crossover to you as soon as its released; after all, it’ll be one of the largest VW SUVs on the market. So, when will it show up in our showroom? While Volkswagen hasn’t released a specific date when the Atlas will go on sale, we do know that it will be available by Spring 2017. Find out more about the forthcoming VW Atlas here at Larry Roesch Volkswagen.
Capacity and Measurements
The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas will be a brand-new seven-passenger crossover utility vehicle. It will be the largest Volkswagen SUV on the market when it arrives, and it promises comfortable seating for up to seven adults. It will also offer 96.8 cubic feet of cargo when both the second and third rows are folded down flat.
Infotainment and Connectivity Features
The new Volkswagen Atlas will also offer a wide variety of important high-tech features that drivers in Chicagoland want. Highlights announced so far include:
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and MirrorLink smartphone integration
- 12.3-inch Volkswagen Digital Cockpit driver information display
- Fender® Premium Audio System with 12 channels, a 480-watt amplifier and 12 speakers
- Volkswagen App-Connect smartphone app system
The Volkswagen Atlas will also be available with nine different smart safety and driver assistance features, including:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Forward Collision Warning
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Parking Steering Assistant
- Automatic Post Collision Braking System
Powertrain Options and Performance
The Atlas will be offered with both front wheel drive and 4MOTION all-wheel drive, along with an eight-speed automatic transmission. It will also be offered with two different engine options:
- The base Atlas gets a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine that will crank out 238-hp.
- The Atlas VR6 gets a naturally aspirated 3.6L V6 engine good for 280-hp.
Visit Larry Roesch Volkswagen
The Volkswagen Atlas will be available in Spring of 2017 here at Larray Roesch VW, located at 313 West Grand Avenue in Bensenville, IL. You can visit us if you have any questions about the Atlas or contact us online now.